Stage One system from Dynamic Perception soon avalaible !
Some noises could be heard since a while about it, but now it’s nearly there, the second dolly timelapse system of Dynamic Perception will be avalaible very soon ! Named Stage One, it’ll complete existing range of products, but it won’t replace Stage Zero system.
I list below main new features and benefits of this new model:
- use aluminium tubes in 21″ length (53cm) that can be attached together to get any length wished.
- easy to carry on (no more long and heavy one piece rail) and modularity.
- maximal weight load is reduced at 15lbs (6.8kg) due to small diameter of tubes (for heavy loads, Stage Zero will keep to be best choice !).
- use same belt, motor and controler as Stage Zero (upgrade kit for existing Stage Zero owners will be quickly offered).
- usable as travelling system for video easily as dolly rolls on tubes (no more need of heavy force to move dolly as on Stage Zero), Stage One kit without motor and controller will be offered.
- lightweight at only 9.5lbs in 63″ configuration (3 tubes attached together) !
- snap-in brackets can be placed along the length of the slider for mid-span support with tripods for example.
- Upgrade kit to allow existing owners of Stage Zero kit to move with reduced costs to Stage One system.
Below few pictures of prototype, on final version, dolly will be anodised in black and few modifications still can occur. Some videos will be avalaible in next few days, and pre-order will be open for end of week, first deliveries expected for may